
Hello, I’m Linda Kaufmann and I head up the foundation’s Children, Youth and Families programs. Last week I was asked to do the impossible – convince the St. Cloud School Board that dedicating already finite school and community resources to early childhood was the most important decision they could make this year. A tough task indeed. Oh, and I had a grand total of ten minutes to do it. Well, I mentioned this to my friend Candi Kraigthorpe at the MN Association for Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health and she said she knew of a video that would be perfect. Take a look… it is definitely worth four minutes of your time!
So, what did the St. Cloud School Board think about it? They cheered. Yes, literally cheered when it was shown.
I sincerely hope that you too will cheer for the lives of little kids. There’s simply no better economic investment we can make!
(And special thanks to The Ounce of Prevention Fund in Chicago for creating this wonderful video.)
No comments:
Post a Comment