Ever thought about becoming a mentor? You should. Kinship Partners in Brainerd is looking to match 47 kids with area adults.
Understandably, your first thoughts might be: “What would we do, and how much does it cost?"
I'd answer with this: In my 6 years as a Kinship mentor I have simply involved my partner in doing things that I like to do anyway. And Kinship Partners is very good at matching mentors with a young person that has similar interests. When you have those common interests you don’t have to plan something special, just make room for another person to share the experience with you. The financial cost is minimal (if anything) because you'd probably be doing those same things by yourself anyway.
I look forward to my meetings with Nick. I definitely don’t think of him as a project, or a burden, but as a friend. I would recommend this to anyone who really wants to make a difference!
Read through their latest news release or Kinship's website to learn more about becoming a mentor.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment