I was so happy to see the total amount on GiveMN.org's Give to the Max Day keep climbing as the day went on. As I kept checking back it went from $3 million to $9 to $13 and after 24 hours finally stopped at $14,000,406. That's a lot of money to a lot of worthy causes. One of the top three organizations is in our neck of the woods too. The College of St. Benedict came in 2nd with 719 total donors - way to go guys!
What amazes me more is that so many folks from so many different foundations and organizations joined forces to make this all work. I really think GiveMN.org is here to stay.
Thank you to everyone who donated that day - not only to the Initiative Foundation but to any nonprofit. November 17th was truly a great example of "Minnesota Nice"!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment