“Nonprofits and communities can face a real dilemma when a building needs some TLC. They may have an army of volunteer painters, but they can’t afford the paint,” says Dan Frank, Initiative Foundation program manager. “Valspar helps volunteers to help their communities and we’re grateful for their commitment.”
The Initiative Foundation, in partnership with the Minneapolis-based Valspar Corporation, selected six community and nonprofit organizations to receive more than 400 gallons of free paint and coatings. Now in its 15th year, the “Minnesota Beautiful” program awards were based on community need, public benefit, visual impact and volunteer participation.
Congratulations to this year’s colorful award winners!
- Oasis Central MN, Little Falls - exterior paint for the Community Paint-A-Thon for low-income or disabled homeowner-occupied homes.
- A Place For You, Pine City - interior paint walls, ceilings, and basement as well as exterior siding of a transitional homeless shelter.
- Leader-Poplar Senior Citizens, Staples – exterior paint for the Leader Community Hall.
- City of Maple Lake - exterior paint for the baseball park fence, grandstand, concession stand and dugouts.
- England Prairie Pioneer Club, Wadena - exterior stain and paint for the buildings.
- Mille Lacs County Agricultural Society, Princeton – paint for fairgrounds maintenance.